Welcome Message

Marvel, Muse, Manifest, Materialize. Welcome to February Jones: The Blog. While you're here I might challenge some of your opinions, show you something you never knew before, or if you're lucky, I just might melt your brain and bring you a new way of viewing the world and your place in it. And I have accessories to help you remember these new ways of thinking! View my Etsy shop items just to your lower right in my CraftCult widget, or by clicking on the Merchverse tab above. See what some of my customers think in the Testimonial section, and check out all on my interweb featurettes in the Media section. You can even watch some awesome Etsy videos in the Etsy Fun! section. I hope you enjoy the World of February Jones and come back often, things are always changing.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Everything is Connected

Photo by Kindra Clineff

Don't fight your connections, try to work with them harmoniously! I'm still working on how to make more of the ideas behind my creations accessible to my customers, and one of those main ideas is to understand and appreciate how interconnected and symbolic this world is and to realize that regardless of whether you know it or not, your are connected to a system greater than yourself. Your actions influence many things, and believe it or not, so do your thoughts and your attitudes.

The month of March is going to be one full of changes for me- time to find a job, time to book a number of craft shows, time to get my products in order and decide what and how much needs to be completed by show deadlines, etc... etc... Lately I've been getting that nervous-butterfly feeling in my stomach because I know these things are on their way, but I'm not fighting them. I'm trying to move with the current and let the changes unfold in their proper time. Not rushing or trying to force it, but not avoiding it or try to stop it. As I work on this, I want to encourage all of you to recognize your connectedness to your world- take control of the things that you can, and to keep your balance as you surf the wave of uncertainty about those things you can't control. Please enjoy this small excerpt from "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden (a book that has shown increasingly strong parallels to my life at this point in time...)

We human beings are only a part of something very much larger. When we walk along, we may crush a beetle or simply cause a change in the air so that a fly ends up where it might never have gone otherwise. And if we think of the same example but with ourselves in the role of the insect, and the larger universe in the role we've just played, it's perfectly clear that we're affected every day by forces over which we have no more control than the poor beetle has over our gigantic foot as it descends upon it. What are we to do? We must use whatever methods we can to understand the movements of the universe around us and time our actions so that we are not fighting the currents, but moving with them.

*Maria

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo! Very inspiring words, as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post and oh so true! I'm going through lots of transitions now, too, and it's sometimes best to just step back and get out of your own way to let everything flow. :)

    ReplyDelete