Welcome Message

Marvel, Muse, Manifest, Materialize. Welcome to February Jones: The Blog. While you're here I might challenge some of your opinions, show you something you never knew before, or if you're lucky, I just might melt your brain and bring you a new way of viewing the world and your place in it. And I have accessories to help you remember these new ways of thinking! View my Etsy shop items just to your lower right in my CraftCult widget, or by clicking on the Merchverse tab above. See what some of my customers think in the Testimonial section, and check out all on my interweb featurettes in the Media section. You can even watch some awesome Etsy videos in the Etsy Fun! section. I hope you enjoy the World of February Jones and come back often, things are always changing.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Persevere. Believe. Endure.

My kitchen Peace Lily finally bloomed.

I have had this peace lily for about 2 years now. When I bought it, I thought it was a few weeks away from blooming, after all, the others that kept it company on the shelf seemed to have their little white lilies peeking into bloom, this one couldn't be far away. It was so much fuller than the others which was why I chose it. I watered it and waited. I spoke to it and waited. I watched it and waited. After about a year, I started to think that maybe it wasn't a peace lily after all. Maybe it had accidentally gotten mixed in with the other peace lilies and was some sort of un-blooming mystery plant. Even with my misgivings, I continued to care for it until I almost forgot that it was a peace lily.

About one week ago, it bloomed.

Sometimes life will take you on a detour, or you will find yourself on a path you didn't expect to be traversing. Remember what your goals are, because although you cannot always control what happens to you along the way, you are the one who determines who you are and what you want. Hold fast to your goals, and even when it seems like they are still so very far away, continue to persevere and believe in yourself. There may come times when you think what you're doing isn't worth it, and no one will care, and maybe it was all just a stupid idea anyway. But see it through. Your peace lily will bloom when it's good and ready... and that will probably be when you least expect it.

*Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment